DMV Premier BOYS High School Lacrosse League (Fall)
- 7 game season on Sundays (exact dates are TBD)
- Teams should consist of 18-25 players (including a goalie)
- Varsity A, Varsity B and Junior Varsity
- Games will be played between 8am and 2pm
- YOU MUST WEAR YOUR RESPECTIVE HIGH SCHOOL/CLUB TEAM REVERSIBLE JERSEY.
- Turf fields in Bethesda, MD.
- $175 per player (REGISTRATION OPENS IN AUGUST)
High School players are REQUIRED to register individually.
Description of Boys Leagues:
Varsity High School League: For rising 9th through 12th grade boys. This league is open to all players who expect to be on their high school’s varsity team during the 2020 spring season. Teams are formed based on the high school you attend.
JV High School League: For rising 9th through 11th grade boys. This league is open to all players who expect to be on their high school’s junior varsity team during the 2020 spring season. Teams are formed based on the high school you attend.
High School teams that participated in 2019:
- Bethesda-Chevy Chase
- Georgetown Prep
- Good Counsel
- Next Level
- Quince Orchard
- Sidwell Friends
- St. Andrew’s Episcopal
- The Heights
- Walter Johnson
– 24 minute running halves
– 4 minute halftime
– 2 timeouts per game
– NCAA 2020-2021 Rules
– NFHS/NCAA sticks allowed
– All other NCAA rules apply, minus shot clock. Refs will be quick to put on 30-sec timer if offense looks to be stalling
DMV Premier Lacrosse Leagues – COVID GUIDELINES & PROTOCOL
Our league directors have developed the following policies to ensure the safest possible experience for all in attendance:
- All attendees MUST take a daily self-assessment. Those experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have/had a confirmed case in their household must stay home.
- Staff will be required to wear face masks at all times.
- Hand sanitizer will be located at every field at the scorer’s table.
- Reducing the amount of people at each field by limiting only one (1) parent/person per player.
- Digital thermometers will be available at every location should someone start to feel signs of symptoms.
- Social distancing should be maintained except on the field of play. If it cannot then a face mask must be worn.
- Face masks will not be required during game play but should be worn at all other times.
- In the event a stick check is required, referees will be asked to use hand sanitizer before and after to check players’ sticks. These items will be available at every scorer’s table.
- Only one (1) parent/person per player will be allowed to attend to help with reducing the overall number of people at each field.
- Only coaches, referees and players will be allowed on or around the fields. All spectators MUST watch games from the hill.
- Always maintain social distancing, especially when watching games on the sidelines.
- Wear a face mask, especially when social distancing measures cannot be achieved.
- All players should bring their own water. No coolers or water will be provided on the field and water bottles SHOULD NOT BE SHARED.
- Face masks are not required during game play but must be worn at all other times.
- No Touch Rule – no hugs, high fives, post-game handshakes or tight team huddles.
- No touching of game balls with hands.
For Team Coaches:
- Face masks are not required while actively coaching and speaking with your team, but must be worn at all other times.
- No tight team huddles, please remind your players to keep their distance during timeouts and in between periods.
- Coaches should make every effort to maintain social distancing on the team bench and sideline areas.