Stars & Stripes Men’s Lacrosse League (Spring 2022)
- 7 game regular season with playoffs
- Teams should consist of 20-25 players (including a goalie)
- Washington, DC & Bethesda, MD
- $3000/per team
Have a Team?
- If you are the CAPTAIN or POC for a team that would like to play in our league please contact Colin Heeter @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Need a Team?
- If you are looking for a team to play on please CONTACT Colin Heeter and he will put you in touch with team captains.
- Alexandria LC
- Capital LC
- Cavalier Lacrosse
- Club Lax
- Glover Park
- Redline LC
Questions? please contact Colin Heeter @ email@example.com
- Rosters MUST BE FINAL by the start of the first game. Final = Registered, Paid, & Waiver Signed!
- If an opposing coach requests a roster check we will check BOTH teams’ rosters. Roster checks will ONLY be made prior to the start of the game.
- Mandatory roster checks during playoffs and championship game.
- NO CURRENT COLLEGE PLAYERS ARE PERMITTED TO PLAY IN SPRING LEAGUE.
Spring Rules – we will follow NCAA rules with the following exceptions
- Time Factors: 20-minute running clock quarters. Exceptions are: the clock stops on all whistles during the last 3 minutes (games within 3 goals) of the fourth quarter and when there is an undue delay in retrieving an out of bounds ball. Clock will start on schedule for each game.
- Sudden Victory overtime periods are stopped clock. 3 minute periods
- Penalty Time: Penalty time does not start until the whistle is blown to restart play. The penalty clock is stop-start.
- Time-outs: Each team is allowed 2 timeouts per half. Time runs continuously. Live ball time-outs can be called with the ball ANYWHERE on the field.
- Substitutions: done on the fly and through the scorers table area, except after a goal is scored.
- Dive rule: NCAA dive rule is NOT USED. Our rule is simple: a goal is disallowed only when an offensive player is in the crease BEFORE the ball crosses the goal line.
- Long sticks: The allowable number of long sticks on the field is six (6).
- Referee Discretion: The Referee will check one stick (random). Stick Checks shall consist of the “drop test” and the depth of the pocket. Referee shall not check personal equipment. Equipment: Palms of gloves can be cut out. Arm pads, shoulder pads, and mouthpieces are not required but are encouraged by the league.
- Goalies – a goalie must be present to start the game. Goalies must wear a chest protector, a throat protector, helmet, gloves and have a goalie stick. Cups/Athletic supporters are STRONGLY encouraged.
- Expulsion from game: If a player(s) is expelled from a league game for use of vulgar language directed at another player(s) or five (5) personal fouls he will be allowed to play in the following game. If a player(s) is expelled from a second league game, in the same season including all scrimmages and playoffs, that player(s) will not be allowed to participate in the next league game. If a player(s) is expelled from a league game for fighting, that player(s) is suspended for the next league game. If the same player(s) is expelled from a second league game in a season, for fighting, that player(s) shall be ejected from the league for the remainder of the season. This rule includes all scrimmages and playoffs.
2021 schedule will be released two weeks prior to the start of the season!